Sunday 23 February 2014

Valentines Day and Rent!


Valentines Day and Rent!

We don't usually do much for Valentine's Day. Of course we exchange cards, and Shaun buys me a pressy. He lets me off buying for him, as he's only just had his birthday. He very thoughtfully bought me a beautiful necklace with his name and the names of my sons on it. 



This year, we had tickets to see a show called 'Rent in concert' in Birmingham, which just happened to be on Valentine's. We caught the train from Worcester at lunchtime to have a mooch round the shops (oh no, what a shame) first. It was incredibly windy and this numbnut was dressed for fashion not warmth! The Inspire section in the New Look flagship store was a bit disappointing. There wasn't a lot of choice, and what was there didn't 'inspire' me, although I did buy a nice pink jumper with a zip detail down the back. Mainly for warmth as I was freezing! The website has much more choice, but I feel needs some work. 

 I let Shaun persuade me to go to Selfridges next. It's a hard life! I wanted to look at the foundations at Mac, as I'm having a nightmare finding the right colour. Unfortunately they weren't having their best day. All the testers were mucky and a nightmare to get to.  I really felt I was in the way in my wheelchair as the staff kept squeezing past me to get into the drawers. Anyway, rant over! 
Instead, we headed to the Nars counter, where I was colour matched for the Sheer Glow foundation in the colour Punjab. There was a lovely guy on the counter ( think a cross between Rowan Atkinson in Love Actually and the gloriously camp god that is Rufus Wainwright - YouTube him ). He managed, with no problem whatsoever,  to talk me into buying the primer and a gorgeous pink lipstick too. Quite a Valentine's Pressy, but what the hey!

We went to the Handmade Burger Company, which is our eating place of choice when we visit Brum, Nomnom, then checked into our Travelodge to get ready for the show. I wore this burgundy and black velvety dress from Yours Clothing, Yours leggings, and boots from Very. I felt very glamorous :) 

The show was incredible, very moving and tragic, but also uplifting as it is really about love and friendship. The music was beautiful and breathtaking. I won't give the storyline away, suffice to say if you have a chance to see it, you MUST! Afterwards I was in floods of tears outside the disabled exit, as one of the lead characters walked past. I blubberingly told him that the show was beautiful! He said "bless you darling" and kissed me on the head!

All in all, we had a lovely Valentine's and thank you to Shaun for being an amazing supportive husband. I love you xx

Vicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.
Vicky
X