Tuesday 18 February 2014

First post - 18/02/2014


Please be kind! 

So I am finally taking the bull by the horns and venturing, tentatively, into the world of blogging. This is completely unlike me, I don't do anything tentatively! I've always been a 'both feet first' kind of person. I'd like to say girl, but, being the wrong side of 40, that would be fibbing.


Cardigan - Simply Be
Tartan skirt - Simply Be 
Jumper - Evans (last year) 
Leggings - Yours Clothing, 
Boots - Amazon


I decided to start this blog having seen so many great and inspiring posts on other people's. The plus size blogging community has been MASSIVELY important to me in the past year. 
My self esteem when it came to my looks was very low. 
Since I've been in a wheelchair (woops, forgot to mention that) I've gone up four dress sizes, and was feeling frumpy in everything I wore. I wasn't bothering with make up either. Then I discovered Pinterest, and saw that big girls COULD look fabulous! This led me to seek out plus size bloggers, and WHAT a revelation! A whole new world opened up to me, as I also began watching plus size, beauty and lifestyle bloggers on YouTube. I started taking pride in my appearance, wearing dresses and putting 'a face' on even if I was just going for coffee. And shopping....well, (embarrassed face). Dresses, make up, shoes and boots, all for research purposes you understand!

I'm on a journey of learning to love the new Vicky, and she's ok!


Vicky

8 comments:

  1. I love this post! You look FAB and I am excited to see how your blog progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello beautiful lady. Glad to see you blogging. :) Can't wait to read more. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky I hope all is well.

    Great first post! I know exactly how you feel about des covering the blogging and plus size community as I was in the exact same position around a year or so ago.

    I look forward to seeing what's to come from your blog :)

    Mayah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looking forward to following your blog, good luck and enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to reading more :) Charlie x

    http://www.freakumdress.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Gorgeoussssssssssss

    So happy to see you've taken the small step into this wonderful place xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh i loved this Vicky it's great you look so pretty,if you click on my blog to the right of the screen it says members so you have to add this somehow and i can't remember how i did it as it was ages ago but yeah i think it might be in setting if i remember right,love ur blog though hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the blogosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment.
Vicky
X