Thursday 26 June 2014

YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD FOR CARTOONS!

This is my loooong overdue post, having been AWOL for a while. I have no real excuse, other than writer's block and a lack of confidence. But I'm back with a (rather late) post about a dress I bought a few months back for a friend's 21st.


This gorgeous cartoon dress was from Inspire at New Look, and was about £30. The print is great fun, and even now I see pictures on it that I hadn't noticed before. It's in a stretch, shiny fabric, with mesh/net shoulders. The skirt is a skater style, and just below the knee on me. It's very comfy, as well as stylish, because of the give in the material. I was a little hesitant about buying it at first. I'm not getting any younger lol! But I'm gradually realising that life's far too short, and if I can't wear what I want, and express my own (slightly young!) sense of style now, then when can I? Sod it if anyone thinks I look daft!




In these pics, the light was pretty poor, sorry. I do regret that I wore these ultra shiny tights lol, they're not very flattering! The shoes are from eBay. 
Vicky

4 comments:

  1. So jealous of this dress! I really love it but it's too small for me really! You look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look grand Vicky. There's no such thing as 'too old' with clothes. Wear what makes you happy and if other people don't like it, then stuff 'em! As the old saying goes 'If it suits the wearer bugger the starer' or something along that line. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing, v jealous of this dress, I've wanted it for ages!!! Welcome back, and a great post to get you back into the swing... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look as good as the young ones hunny xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment.
Vicky
X